Useful properties and contraindications of blackberry berries and leaves
Blackberry contains in itself a huge amount of useful microelements. It is widely used in both culinary and traditional medicine. People have long known the healing properties of these fruits.
Even in ancient times, it is known about the medicinal properties of blackberries. The ancient Greek physician Hippocrates, who is considered the father of all medicine, believed that with the help of such fruits, arthrosis and gout can be cured.
Also, a mention of this tasty and healthy berry can be found in the writings of other ancient authors.
Because of their rich chemical composition, blackberries can have a beneficial effect on human health.
Useful and medicinal properties of garden and forest blackberries for the human body
The health benefits of leaves and berries for men, women and children
Due to the high amount of potassium and magnesium such fruits are one of the most effective and tasty remedies in the fight against cardiovascular diseases.
With regular consumption of blackberries, the following improvements can be seen:
- lowering blood pressure;
- the heart muscle is strengthened;
- vessels are cleansed and strengthened.
Also, garden blackberries can have a positive effect on the organs of the genitourinary system.
It has been proven that the use of this berry has a good effect on the health of men and women suffering from cholelithiasis or inflammation of the gallbladder.
Blackberries have choleretic propertiestherefore it prevents the formation of stones, congestion and inflammation.
In addition to other useful elements and vitamins, blackberries contain antioxidantsthanks to which these berries help in the regeneration of blood cells. Thus, increasing their activity in the fight against cancer and other serious diseases.
Such berries will benefit people with intestinal disorders, unripe fruits have a fixing effect, and overripe fruits have a laxative effect.
Also, when eating blackberries, a person's metabolism improves, which promotes weight loss.
Blackberry broth has wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties, lotions are often made from it and applied to both fresh and old wounds.
Many people think that raspberries are the best natural antipyretic agent, but in reality they are not. Blackberries contain much more active substances, therefore she will cope with colds much faster and will be able to strengthen the immune system.
Also, these berries are prescribed for gynecological diseases, they are an excellent remedy for menopause.
Eating blackberries help get rid of insomnia, moreover, the berries have a calming effect.
Dentists recommend rinsing your mouth with a decoction of blackberry leaves, this remedy helps with bleeding gums, stomatitis and other diseases of the oral cavity.
For the human body both berries and other parts of blackberries are equally useful, the main thing is to know the correct recipe for their preparation and adhere to the daily intake.
The program “Live Healthy!” Will tell you about the useful properties of blackberries:
What harm can it bring, contraindications to use
Blackberries have few contraindications, which you need to familiarize yourself with before eating berries, so as not to harm your health:
- In case of diseases of the stomach or small intestine, berries, in which there are a lot of seeds, are recommended to be replaced with juice.
- With high acidity, ulcers or gastritis, it is allowed to consume no more than one glass of juice or berries per day.
- It is not recommended to include blackberries in the diet in the presence of certain kidney diseases.
- Some people may have a blackberry allergy, which manifests itself as a small rash.
- Since there are many seeds in the berries, they are given with caution to young children under 3 years old.
- It is also forbidden to use these fruits for people suffering from severe diabetes mellitus.
Calorie table, composition, what vitamins are contained
Also blackberries help to improve metabolism, which further increases the value of such fruits for people who want to lose those extra pounds.
The total amount of fructose, sucrose and glucose in 100 grams of berries is 6 percent.
What is the nutritional composition of blackberries per 100 grams:
The use of a medicinal plant
There are the following recipes for traditional medicine using blackberries:
|Diarrhea or stomach bleeding||A decoction is prepared from 20 grams of dried blackberry leaves. They are poured with 200 milliliters of boiled water and left to simmer in a water bath for 30 minutes. The resulting broth is filtered through a sieve, cooled and drunk 1 tablespoon 3 times a day.|
Another recipe is that 100 milliliters of freshly squeezed blackberry juice is boiled in a water bath for 5 minutes with the addition of 5 cloves. Take every 2 hours.
|Bowel disease||Mix 1 teaspoon of dried calendula flowers and 2 teaspoons of blackberry leaves are poured with 200 milliliters of boiling water and kept in a water bath for 2 hours, then the broth is filtered. Take 1 teaspoon 3-4 times a day.|
|Prevention and treatment of urolithiasis||To prepare the blackberry infusion, take 20 grams of dry roots and leaves, which must be crushed and poured with 1 glass of boiling water. The resulting mixture is boiled for 20 minutes, then insisted in a thermos for 3 hours. After readiness, the infusion is filtered and diluted with water. Take 2 tablespoons 3 times a day before meals.|
|Neurosis||A remedy prepared according to the following recipe helps well - 2 tablespoons of blackberry leaves and branches are poured with 500 milliliters of water and boiled for 15-20 minutes, then the broth is cooled and filtered. Take 50 milliliters 3 times a day.|
|Colds||It is recommended to take tea with the addition of blackberries. To do this, brew 1 glass of any tea and throw 5-7 crushed berries there, after cooling, add 2-3 teaspoons of honey. Take 3 glasses of tea a day.|
|Sore throat or strep throat||You can gargle with a solution of 50 milliliters of blackberry juice mixed with 100 milliliters of boiled water.|
|Atherosclerosis||Every morning, take 100 milliliters of an infusion consisting of 1 teaspoon of motherwort, 3 teaspoons of peppermint, 3 teaspoons of chopped dry blackberry leaves, 4 teaspoons of chopped leaves of wild strawberries and 4 teaspoons of rose hips. All ingredients are thoroughly mixed, after which 1 tablespoon of the mixture is poured with 200 milliliters of boiling water and insisted for 3 hours.|
|Diabetes||In equal proportions, take valerian root, field horsetail, ash leaves and blackberries. 8 grams of the resulting mixture is poured with 200 milliliters of boiling water and insisted in a thermos for 4 hours. Take 100 milliliters 3 times a day.|
|Strengthening immunity||For a month, consume 100 grams of berries or 50 milliliters of blackberry juice daily.|
It is worth remembering that it is difficult to achieve complete recovery with the help of traditional medicine.
If signs of a disease are found, it is best to seek the advice of a specialist, and do not self-medicate.
Tincture and jam recipes
Classic Blackberry Tincture Recipe:
- 500 grams of fresh blackberries are thoroughly washed and dried. After that, the berries are placed in a 3-liter jar, covered with 100 grams of sand and poured with 500 milliliters of diluted ethyl alcohol (50-55 degrees) or homemade double-distilled moonshine.
- Then the jar is tightly closed and infused at room temperature for 1 week. In this case, the liquid must be shaken every day.
- The next step is filtration, it is best to carry out this procedure using a double-folded gauze.
- Then the remaining berries are poured with water and infused for 6 hours, then filtered again.
- The resulting water and alcohol are mixed with each other and bottled.
Ready tincture you need seal tightly and store in a cool place... Otherwise, it will quickly deteriorate and be unusable.
To prepare a more sophisticated drink, use a different recipe:
- 500 grams of fresh or 250 grams of dried blackberries are poured into a 3-liter jar and 4 crushed mint leaves, 120 grams of sugar and grated zest of half a lemon are added there. For the preparation of the tincture, only the yellow part of the lemon peel is used, the white skin will give an unpleasant bitterness.
- The resulting mixture is poured with one liter of vodka and tightly closed with a plastic lid.
- The drink is insisted for 2 months, while the jar is gently shaken every 3-4 days.
- After the specified time, the tincture is filtered and bottled.
Blackberry Savory Tincture Recipe:
Blackberry jam it turns out to be very tasty and unusual. There are a huge number of recipes for its preparation, in which it is advised to add orange, lemon, apple, banana and other fruits to blackberries.
Knowing 3 basic recipes you can safely experiment with the composition of this delicacy.
To make seedless jam, you need to follow these rules:
- 900 grams of berries are separated from the stalks, washed thoroughly, and then dried.
- Bring 500 milliliters of water to a boil, then reduce the gas to the minimum mark and pour the berries there, which should be boiled for 3 minutes.
- After heat treatment, the liquid is drained, and the berries are sorted through a sieve, thereby getting rid of the seeds.
- The resulting mass is transferred to a pan, add 900 grams of sugar and stirring constantly, bring to a thick consistency.
- The last stage is no different from the preservation of other berries and fruits. The resulting jam is poured into jars and rolled up.
Classic Blackberry Jam Recipe:
- 1 kilogram of berries is carefully sorted out, removing damaged fruits, after which they are separated from the stalks and thoroughly washed to get rid of excess water, washed blackberries are placed in a colander.
- Then the berries are transferred to a saucepan and covered with 1 kilogram of sugar. In this form, the future jam should stand for 30 minutes so that the blackberry has time to give juice.
- Next, the resulting mass is boiled over low heat for half an hour, while stirring occasionally. To preserve the integrity of the berries, experienced housewives recommend stirring the jam with a wooden large spoon or simply shaking the pan in different directions.
- The finished jam is distributed among the jars and rolled up.
Healing blackberry jam for the winter:
Five-minute recipe got its name from the fast cooking process:
- 900 grams of blackberries are thoroughly washed, sorted out, after which it is necessary to get rid of excess moisture.
- As soon as the water drains, the berries and 900 grams of sugar are laid out in 5-6 layers in a container with a large diameter. In this form, the future jam should be infused for 6 hours.
- Then the mass is brought to a boil and cooked for 5 minutes, while the berries must be constantly mixed.
- After the specified time, add 3 grams of citric acid and cook for another 1 minute.
- Then the gas is turned off, and the resulting jam is poured into the jars.
It is customary to store the five minutes under plastic covers in a cool place.
Blackberries May Help Relieve Many Diseases... And even an inexperienced housewife can handle the preparation of infusions, broths, compotes for every taste, juices and preserves from this berry.
Blackberry leaves: useful properties and contraindications
Blackberry is a perennial shrub whose branches reach a length of one and a half meters. These are actually impenetrable thickets with thorns, the shoots of which grow in all directions. Blackberry leaves also have thorns, like raspberries. However, their shape is somewhat different. The plant blooms from spring to autumn with white small flowers. The berries resemble raspberries, but they are black or dark blue in color. They are collected in late summer - early autumn. Blackberries grow in mountains, fields and plains, along roads and along river banks. It is found in southern and central Russia, as well as beyond the Urals.
Consider the properties of a blackberry berry and leaf.
The rich biochemical composition gives the blackberry medicinal products universal therapeutic properties. Thanks to this, the plant is actively used in both folk and traditional medicine. The healing properties of the blackberry leaf lie in the fact that they have the following effects on the human body:
- mild diaphoretic, diuretic and expectorant action
The antioxidants contained in the plant prevent the oxidation of free radicals in the body and the development of cancer. Fiber helps to improve digestion and eliminate harmful substances from the body.
High vitamin E content is beneficial for women's health: Reduces hot flashes during menopause, improves skin condition. Blackberries improve metabolism, which is beneficial for women who are watching their weight.
For men the benefit of blackberry leaves lies in the content of zinc - an important trace element for the male reproductive system. This element is involved in the production of testosterone, the male sex hormone, which has a positive effect on potency. In turn, antioxidants are a good prophylactic agent against prostatitis and prostate adenoma.
Useful properties and contraindications of berries
Goji berries Contraindications Elena Malysheva
With such a rich composition, the calorie content of blackberries is quite small - only 36 kcal per 100 grams of berries.
Since ancient times, this delicious berry has been used to treat many different diseases.
Among which there were even such serious diseases as diabetes mellitus, inflammation of the joints, kidneys and bladder.
Due to the content of bioflavonoids (natural antioxidants), blackberries have anti-edema and anti-inflammatory effects, as well as promote better absorption of vitamin C and strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
The systematic intake of blackberry broth helps to destroy intestinal parasites and other disease-causing organisms.
Moreover, it is enough to feast on blackberries for dessert from time to time to protect yourself from oncology and delay the aging of the body.
A blackberry drink is a great antipyretic that will help you out if you don't have an aspirin on hand. This drink will not only reduce the temperature in the shortest possible time, but also eliminate the focus of inflammation.
Blackberries are truly a unique berry!
It is especially useful for women who have reached the period of menopause or are experiencing severe menstrual pain and frequent hormonal problems.
You can find out what echinacea is and how to use it here. This herb is good for children.
Do you want to normalize blood pressure, improve blood composition, calm a shattered nervous system and relieve anxiety?
Eat fresh blackberries or make healthy tea with them!
By the way, this way you can improve bowel function.
Remember, unripe berries are used as a fixing agent, and overripe ones have a laxative effect on the body.
Blackberry speeds up the body's metabolism, it is very useful for obesity.
And this berry also helps to reduce the amount of cholesterol in the blood, therefore it is often used to treat the liver.
Moreover, the pectin contained in blackberries removes pesticides and heavy metal salts from the body.
And to help the heart heal from neurosis, regularly take a decoction of blackberry twigs.
Blackberries also help with adhesions resulting from surgical operations.
The benefits are not only in berries!
If you think that all the power of a blackberry is concentrated in its berries, you are greatly mistaken!
The leaves of this plant are no less useful.
They have good astringent, anti-rot, wound healing and diaphoretic action.
Due to such a wide spectrum of action, experts recommend taking a decoction of blackberry leaves for dysentery, diarrhea, pulmonary and stomach bleeding, ulcers, eczema, lichen and purulent wounds.
And if you are not too lazy to finely chop the blackberry leaves and squeeze the juice out of them, you will get a good medicine for bronchitis, pneumonia, tracheitis, anemia, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, fever and many gynecological diseases.
Also, this juice has a tonic, tonic and calming effect on the body.
A decoction of blackberry leaves is very useful for stomach bleeding and gastritis, but the infusion is often used as a gargle for various gum diseases, caries and stomatitis.
Fresh blackberry leaves can be applied to the legs for several hours with varicose veins or chronic ulcers.
They will have a regenerating effect and reduce soreness.
Once the leaves are completely dry, replace them with fresh ones.
For a healthy diet, it is important to know which foods are the lowest in calories. Follow the link for a complete list.
Remember to pamper yourself. A list of low calorie sweets can be found here. It's hard without sweets.
If you are on a strict diet, I recommend a ginger drink for weight loss: http://notefood.ru/pitanie/spetsial-noe-pitanie/imbir-i-korica-dla-pohudinia.html. Cinnamon and ginger tea is an effective remedy.
Perform this procedure until the ulcers are completely healed.
But as for varicose veins, such compresses should be done regularly for quite some time.
Don't overuse blackberries
No matter how useful this berry is, it, like any other product, has a couple of contraindications.
You should also familiarize yourself with them:
- an allergic reaction in the form of nausea, intestinal upset, and sometimes in the form of violations of the heart muscle
- kidney disease
- people suffering from diseases of the small intestine and stomach, it is better to replace berries with blackberry juice
- if you have an acidic stomach, do not consume more than one glass of blackberry juice a day.
In all other cases, blackberries can become not only an excellent dessert, but also a good medicinal product of natural origin.
How to harvest blackberries
Blackberry bushes bear fruit only in summer, and we want to be healthy in any weather and at any time of the year.
Don't worry, blackberries are equally healthy fresh and processed!
You can cook delicious jam from them, which also has useful properties, and compote, prepare the most delicate jelly, sweet syrup and healing tincture.
Moreover, blackberries perfectly tolerate the effects of low temperatures, so they can be safely frozen in the freezer!
This is done very simply!
Just gently arrange the berries on a flat dish so that they do not touch each other.
Now they need to be frozen, and only then poured into a special container for storing food in the freezer.
Make it a rule to eat at least a small handful of blackberries a day and be healthy!
For dessert today, a scientific and educational video about the hero of our day - a blackberry.
Barberry fruits are oblong in shape and can reach 2 cm in length. The fruit tastes tart and sour. Inside each fruit, which has a bright red color, there are oblong seeds.
Barberry: beneficial properties
Barberry is widely used for medicinal purposes.
that plant has the following properties:
- pain relievers
The following parts of the plant are used for medicinal purposes:
- Leaves... Alcohol tincture is prepared from them, which is used to treat jaundice, stop uterine bleeding, treat and prevent diseases of the gallbladder and liver. This tincture is an effective anti-inflammatory agent.
- Roots... The roots of the plant are used to produce berberine, an alkaloid used to treat leishmaniasis and as a choleretic agent. Berberine lowers blood pressure and stimulates the muscles of the uterus.
- Bark... Tincture from the bark of the plant has a pronounced anti-inflammatory and hemostatic effect. In addition, on the basis of the bark, the drug cholelein is produced, which is used to treat diseases of the biliary tract. Tincture of barberry bark is used in the treatment of colds.
- Fruit... They are used as an effective remedy for increasing appetite and strengthening the immune system. Preparations based on barberry fruits are used in the treatment of hypertension and liver diseases.
Contraindications to the use of barberry
Despite all the benefits of barberry, there are a number of contraindications to its use, in particular:
- pregnancy, menopause and postpartum bleeding
- complex forms of hepatitis
- cirrhosis of the liver.
You should also refuse to use barberry for people with individual intolerance and children under 12 years old.
Do not forget that the unripe fruits of this plant contain the poisonous substance berberine, and should not be eaten.
Barberry berries for weight loss: reviews
Now many people use barberry berries for weight loss, reviews of their effectiveness can be found on forums and social networks. We also ask you to leave a review after the article about the personal effect of eating berries.
The calorie content of barberry is very low, while there are absolutely no fats in the pulp of the berries: 100 g of barberry fruits contain only 9.6 kcal. It is for this reason that decoctions and tinctures of barberry are used in various weight loss programs.
Before you start losing weight with the help of barberry, you need to remove toxins and toxins from the body, that is, to make a kind of "cleaning". This can be done using the same plant, or rather, a decoction of barberry berries.
About the medicinal and beneficial properties of sea buckthorn - article and video.
Dereza vulgaris - what kind of berry is it? You will find out by following the link: http://dolgieleta.com/pravilnoe-pitanie/dary-prirody/yagody/yagody-derezy-obyknovennoy.html.
Barberry decoction recipe
To prepare a broth, you need to pour 100 g of berries with 500 ml of boiling water and boil for 10-15 minutes. The resulting broth must be infused for 4 hours, then add another 500 ml of boiled water to it. You need to take such a remedy after meals 4 times a day, 50 ml each. The course is 3 days. After the course is completed, you can start the diet.
Reviews about such a cleansing of the body are very positive.
Those who used this recipe note an improvement in well-being and an increase in the tone of the body.
Tincture of barberry leaves
The recipe for this tincture is useful for those who want to lose those extra pounds.
You can buy barberry tincture at the pharmacy, but it is better to prepare it yourself, especially if the barberry grows on your site.
Young leaves of barberry must be poured with alcohol in the following proportion: for 20 g of fresh leaves, 120 ml of 70% alcohol will be needed. The tincture should be removed to a dark place for 2 weeks. When the liquid becomes dark yellow, it must be filtered. You need to take the tincture after meals, 30 drops 1 time per day. The course should not exceed 28 days.
It should be noted that tincture cannot be combined with laxatives and aspirin.
Goji berry - is it a barberry?
The overseas Goji berry, which has been so often written and talked about lately, is nothing more than one of the varieties of barberry.
We have learned about this berry relatively recently, however, in China, people have known about Goji and their healing properties since time immemorial. The inhabitants of the Celestial Empire believe that these berries contain anti-aging components, and they are widely used to make various tinctures designed to prolong youth.
Goji berries are quite expensive, as they grow in the mountains, and their collection requires a lot of effort.
If you do not want to give large sums for overseas berries, you can try to grow them on the site, or use ordinary barberry for weight loss and other purposes, which, like its exotic counterpart, contains many healthy substances.
Where does barberry grow
Barberry can be found on almost every continent, with the exception of Antarctica and Australia. This plant is especially widespread in mountainous regions in the Northern Hemisphere.
This shrub can often be found in ravines and on mountain slopes.
Barberry is widespread on the Black Sea coast, the North Caucasus, in the middle and southern zones of Russia, as well as in Western and Eastern Siberia.
Also check out the health benefits of lingonberry.
When to collect barberry?
Many of those who are engaged in the cultivation of barberry, or want to prepare its fruits for use, are wondering when to collect barberry.
The collection of barberry occurs at different times, depending on which part of the plant is required.
- For example, it is necessary to harvest the bark of a plant when the active movement of the juice begins. It is at this time that a maximum of useful substances accumulates in the bark of the barberry.
- Harvesting of leaves should be done shortly before the flowering of the barberry or during it.
- But the roots are harvested in early spring, when the plants wake up from their winter sleep.
- The fruits of barberry are harvested in the fall, when they are fully ripe, and they contain the maximum amount of nutrients.
The fact is that uncontrolled intake of medicines, even those about which many respond positively, can lead to very unpleasant consequences. Before starting a diet using barberry, or taking tinctures based on it, be sure to consult with a specialist.
Hello dear readers. "If you catch a cold in winter - drink a cranberry infusion", this is how people say about the cranberry berry. Today we have cranberries on our agenda, useful properties and contraindications, and we will also talk about cranberry treatment. So we have a miracle cranberry on the market. Cranberries do not grow here, so we buy imported ones. And we did not pass by, bought cranberries, decided to freeze a little, and grind the rest with sugar. Cranberry is really a cure for many diseases, and cranberry treatment has a good effect, but we will talk about cranberry treatment a little later. Cranberries have found their application not only in folk, but also in official medicine.
Cranberry is an evergreen shrub with short and thin shoots. The berries are round, spherical, with a diameter of 7 to 11 mm. Cranberries bloom in June, and the berries ripen from September to November. Berry picking continues throughout autumn, but cranberries are harvested before frost, after frost vitamin C is destroyed in cranberries. Cranberries grow in the Far East, in Russia, in Ukraine, in most of Europe, Canada, and Alaska.
Cranberries taste sour. He somehow reminded me of the taste of viburnum berries, and when we grinded it with sugar, the taste became similar to currants. You can read a little about Kalina in my article "Kalina officinalis".
Proteins, carbohydrates, fiber, pectins, organic acids. Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, C, K, contains cranberry potassium, iron, iodine, manganese, phosphorus, sodium, calcium, copper, nickel, chromium, zinc, boron, cobalt.
Calorie content of cranberries:
For 100 grams of berries, cranberries contain only 27 kcal. As you can see, cranberries are quite low in calories.
Cranberries are valuable due to their composition of vitamins and nutrients. Now let's figure out with you why cranberries are so useful.
Cranberry berry useful properties.
- Eating cranberries improves appetite.
- Improves digestion.
- Cranberries are used to prevent cancer.
- With regular consumption of cranberries, the level of "bad" cholesterol in the blood decreases, which prevents the risk of developing atherosclerosis.
- Cranberry lowers cholesterol and thus prevents the formation of plaques and blood clots in the blood vessels.
- Cranberries thin the blood.
- Eating cranberries lowers blood pressure.
- Cranberry drinks are good thirst quenchers. They have antipyretic effects. Therefore, drinks made from cranberries are taken at high body temperature, with flu, with colds.
- Cranberry drinks reduce the intoxication of the body with a cold.
- Fresh cranberries are good for strengthening the gums.
- Contains cranberry antioxidants.
- Cranberries have antimicrobial properties.
- Cranberries with honey are taken for angina.
- Cranberries are useful in case of loss of strength, with vitamin deficiency.
- Cranberries are useful for diseases and infections of the genitourinary system.
- Cranberry has a diuretic, antimicrobial effect.
- Cranberry normalizes metabolic processes in the body.
- Possesses cranberry berry and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cranberries and cranberry juice treat anemia.
- Cranberries help with coughing attacks, bronchitis.
- Due to the content of vitamin C, in cranberries it is taken with weakened immunity, with a cold. Moreover, in terms of vitamin C content, cranberries can be compared with lemon, orange and grapefruit.
- Take cranberries and cranberry drinks for cystitis.
- Cranberry juice improves brain function, reduces fatigue, and improves performance.
- Cranberries are very beneficial for women, they are consumed during menstruation.
- Cranberry removes toxins and toxins from our body.
- Cranberries strengthen the capillaries.
- Treat cranberries to natural antibiotics.
Cranberry berry contraindications.
- Do not take cranberries for gastritis with high acidity, especially during an exacerbation
- For stomach and duodenal ulcers, cranberries are contraindicated.
- If you are allergic to cranberries, cranberries are contraindicated.
- Cranberries are contraindicated in case of individual intolerance.
- Do not overuse cranberries for liver disease.
- Use cranberries with caution for gout.
Cranberries for angina. Dissolve 1 full tablespoon of honey in 200 ml. cranberry juice, gargle with this mixture. With angina, cranberries are also taken with honey inside. To do this, grind a glass of cranberries with two tablespoons of honey. This mixture is taken with a sore throat, a teaspoon three, four times a day. This mixture of cranberries and honey helps with coughs.
Cranberry vitamin drink. You can make a delicious and vitamin drink from cranberries, take a kilogram of cranberries and two kilograms of carrots. We need to squeeze the juice from cranberries and carrots, add sugar to taste, cool, drink such a drink diluted with water. Such a drink gives strength and vigor, saturates our body with vitamins and nutrients, which is very important in winter and spring.
Cranberries for hypertension. You need to take a kilogram of cranberries, half a liter of honey and a glass of garlic. Grind the cranberries in a blender, mix with honey. Peel the garlic and squeeze through a press, mix with honey and cranberries.Take one tablespoon three times a day. A cranberry saleswoman shared this recipe with us, she said that it was a very effective and good recipe. Cranberry juice is also useful for high blood pressure.
Cranberries for cystitis. For cystitis, drink 1.5 cups of cranberry juice a day. Such a volume will help get rid of unpleasant symptoms. The fact is that cranberries contain substances that prevent bacteria from fixing on the mucous membrane of the bladder.
With weakness and vitamin deficiency. Take a handful of rose hips and cranberries, pour boiling water over, insist in a thermos.
Cranberry juice cleanses purulent wounds, burns and ulcers and accelerates their healing. Outwardly, in the form of a gruel, the berries are applied in the form of masks to get rid of freckles and age spots.
It is very easy to make juice from cranberries; for this you can use a juicer or chop the berries and squeeze the juice through cheesecloth. Keep cranberry juice or juice in the refrigerator.
From the point of view of the benefits of cranberries for our body, fresh cranberries take 1st place, frozen cranberries are in 2nd place, and cranberry juice is in 3rd place.
How to choose cranberries?
Fresh cranberries must be firm and firm.
How to store cranberries?
Cranberries are perfectly stored in the refrigerator, if you are going to store them for a short time, then a week, maximum two, the cranberries will lie in the refrigerator. If you want to freeze cranberries, place the berries in plastic bags and put them in the freezer. But, remember, when you defrost cranberries, do not pour boiling water over them and do not put them in the microwave. The cranberries must defrost themselves, so the cranberries retain their taste and vitamins that it contains. Since cranberry is a marsh berry, it is perfectly stored in water. You can fill the early cranberries with water and even in winter its berries will be fresh and juicy. In Russia, cranberries were stored in a basement in a barrel filled with water, in this form the berries were stored until spring.
Cranberries pureed with sugar.
Sort out one kilogram of cranberries, wash. Puree the cranberries using a meat grinder, food processor or blender. We used a blender. It turned out to be a rather thick cranberry puree. Next, you need to mix with 1.5 kg. sugar with a kilogram of grated cranberries. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. You can leave the cranberry puree and sugar at room temperature for a few hours to melt the sugar well. Arrange the cranberries in clean sterile jars, close the lid and store in the refrigerator. Today we have prepared such tasty and healthy cranberries with sugar for the winter.
Cranberries are widely used in cooking; sauces, fruit drinks, jam, mousse, preserves, fruit drinks are prepared from it. Cranberries are used for filling pies and other pastries. Various sauces are prepared from cranberries for meat, fish, added to salads, used as a decoration for dishes, salted cabbage with cranberries.
Interesting facts about cranberries.
- Cranberries contain 90% water.
- From Latin, cranberry is translated as "sour ball".
- Cranberry is a "long-lived" plant, there are cranberry bushes which are 100 years old.
- The cranberry is the symbol of Massachusetts.
Here is what a wonderful cranberry berry. Useful properties and contraindications, as well as cranberry treatment, are known to you. Perhaps you are using cranberries, share with what other diseases cranberries have a good effect. If you have made the decision to take cranberries, consult your healthcare professional.
You can not only grind cranberries with sugar, but also make cranberries in powdered sugar. The main character of this video will tell you how this can be done.
I wish you all joy, health, good mood. We are very grateful for your feedback and comments. Thank you for being with us. We are trying to please you with useful and interesting information.
Collect blackberry leaves during the period of their greatest vital activity, observe the rules for their storage and, thus, you can provide your family with a natural natural remedy for the whole winter. Drink it like regular tea, prepare infusions and decoctions, and read on how to use them.
- With diabetes and high blood pressure. In a container, combine dry blackberry leaves, hop cones, shepherd's bag and sunflower petals in a ratio of 3: 0.5: 1: 2. Pour 2 teaspoons of the collection with a glass of boiling water and take in small portions throughout the day.
- For rheumatic pains. Pour about 50 g of blackberry leaves with vodka in an amount of 500 ml. Close the container tightly and transfer to a shaded place. Leave for a week. The ready-made product can be used for rubbing sore joints or as compresses.
- With trophic ulcers, eczema, lichen, abscesses, bruises. Grind the blackberry leaves into gruel. Apply the resulting mixture to the problem area and fix it with a bandage. Remove after 1 hour.
- With gastritis, food poisoning, diarrhea, dysentery, gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer. Put a tablespoon of the leaves in a thermos. Pour in a glass of boiling water and seal tightly with a lid. Leave on for 3 hours. Filter the finished preparation and drink 100 ml three times a day half an hour before meals.
- With intestinal and gastric bleeding, enterocolitis. The infusion prepared according to the recipe described above is taken every 2 hours, 100 ml.
- With inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract and pulmonary hemorrhage. For 20 g of leaves, you need to take 200 ml of boiling water. Raw materials are poured with water and boiled for 20 minutes. Then they insist for about 3 hours, filter and restore the original volume of liquid. It is necessary to take this broth three times a day, 30 ml before meals.
- For stomatitis and gum disease. Pour 2 tablespoons of dry or fresh raw materials with a glass of boiling water, leave for half an hour, filter. Use to rinse the mouth several times a day.
Recommendation! If you chew on fresh blackberry leaves, you can strengthen the gums well.
All materials on the Priroda-Znaet.ru website are presented solely for informational purposes. Before using any means, a consultation with a doctor is MANDATORY!
Olga is responsible for the selection of authors and the quality of published materials on our website.
Blackberry leaves in traditional medicine: recipes
Blackberry foliage is a great addition to medication. But she will not be able to overcome the disease on her own.
In folk medicine, there are a large number of tincture recipes that help with various diseases. Most often foliage is used in combination with other medicinal plants. Such drugs have bactericidal, hemostatic, anti-inflammatory, diaphoretic and expectorant properties.
The most widespread is tea made from blackberry leaves. To improve the taste and healing power of the drink, you can add lemon juice or honey to it.
Making tea is very simple. To do this, pour boiling water over 5-6 leaves and let them infuse. Then you can drink.
To increase the medicinal properties of the drink, the raw materials are subjected to special processing - fermentation:
- Fresh foliage is kneaded with a rolling pin so that they give juice and stick together
- Then they are put into a saucepan, pressed again, covered with a lid and left for 3 days.
- After this time, the raw materials are dried in the oven.
Regular consumption of the drink will compensate for the lack of vitamins and will allow you to get sick less often in the autumn-winter period.
Healing decoction recipe for colds:
- It is necessary to prepare a collection of greens of blackberries, coltsfoot and linden inflorescences. All ingredients should be combined in equal proportions and chopped thoroughly.
- 1-2 teaspoons of the resulting mixture, brew 250 ml of boiling water.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes, then strain.
This drink is most effective in the early stages of the disease. It will relieve sore throat and cough.
If a cold is accompanied by a high temperature, then the following broth must be prepared:
- Take 1 tablespoon of dried flowers, blackberry leaves and berries, linden inflorescences.
- Put all the ingredients in an enamel bowl and boil 250 ml of boiling water.
- Send the mixture to a water bath and leave for 15 minutes.
- Strain the finished broth and add 1 tbsp. a spoonful of honey.
Adults need to take 250 ml of the healing drink 2 times a day. Children need to reduce the dosage by 2 times.
If bleeding begins in the lungs, then another recipe will help:
- 20 g of blackberry foliage pour 200 ml of boiling water.
- For 20 minutes, simmer over low heat or put in a water bath.
- Now the broth must be properly insulated and left for about 3 hours.
- The resulting drink must be filtered and diluted with boiled water so that it returns to its original volume.
Warm broth is taken three times a day before meals, 30 ml.
Berry jam with leaves
This is a real healing delicacy that has an amazing aroma. The foliage adds a bit of astringency to its flavor.
To prepare it you need:
- blackberries - 2 kg
- young foliage - 200 g
- water - 1 l
- granulated sugar - 2 kg.
- The foliage and berries are washed and dried, after which the greens are boiled for about 20 minutes.
- After the specified time, the greens are removed, and syrup is prepared from 500 ml of the resulting broth. To do this, add 2 cups of sugar.
- Now berries are placed in it and boiled for 10 minutes. over medium heat.
- The resulting mixture is cooled to room temperature, grated lemon is added, then put back on the stove and boiled for 10 minutes.
- The jam is ready. It is laid out in banks and hermetically closed. In this form, it can be stored for several years.
Both foliage and blackberries are a valuable medicinal product. Their use will help get rid of many diseases. The use of folk recipes in conjunction with modern drugs will produce the best effect.
Blackberries are an excellent ingredient for making all kinds of desserts.
Due to its light acidity, the berry can be used for sauces and additions to main dishes of meat and fish. Skillful housewives make liqueurs and liqueurs from its fruits. All kinds of pies and cookies are baked with berries.
And if you consider that the berry not only feeds, but also heals, then it simply has no price.
Here are some blackberry recipes.
Blackberry and cottage cheese pie - recipe
The following products are needed for the test:
- flour - 360 gr,
- margarine - 200 gr,
- eggs - 2 pcs,
- a teaspoon of baking powder
- a teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- zest of one lemon,
- a teaspoon of salt.
For the curd filling we need:
- eggs - 4 pieces,
- 500 gr. Cottage cheese (2 packs),
- blackberries - 300 gr,
- sugar - 5-7 tablespoons,
- a pinch of vanillin.
Put softened margarine in a deep bowl, beat in eggs, add salt, sugar, vanilla sugar and baking powder to the mixture. Don't forget the lemon zest, which should also be added to the mixture. Beat everything with a mixer. Pour sifted flour into the mixture and knead the hard dough. Roll the dough into a ball and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
During this time, we will prepare the filling.
Pass the cottage cheese through a meat grinder or wipe it through a sieve. Beat the eggs with a whisk together with the sugar until it dissolves and the mixture becomes light, almost white. Pour the resulting mass into the cottage cheese, and beat everything well again until a homogeneous mass is obtained. Roll out the dough into a thin layer. Place it on a baking sheet, greased with margarine and sprinkled with flour. Cut off the excess dough and roll the cuttings into a ball. Put the curd filling on top of the dough and spread the blackberry fruits over the entire surface. Roll out thin strips of dough scraps and decorate the cake with them, spreading them on its surface with a grid. Grease the pie with an egg and put it in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Blackberry jam: recipe
Blackberry jam can be made using not only the fruits themselves, but also the leaves of the plant. And if you add only 1 lemon to it, it will have a pleasant taste and rich aroma. Blackberry lemon jam is not only tasty, but also very healthy.
It is just necessary, before cooking the jam, to make a decoction of the leaves by boiling them in 500 grams. water. For the jam itself, we do not use the whole broth, but only 1 glass, pouring 1 kg of sugar into it. Add 1 lemon with peel, previously rolled through a meat grinder, blackberries to the syrup and let them brew a little so that they release the juice. It takes only 10 minutes to cook the jam to preserve the beneficial properties of the berries.
For diabetics, it is very good to make blackberry jelly instead of jam, without added sugar. For people who have problems with the bladder and kidneys, doctors recommend blackberry jam.
Blackberry jam: recipe
For jam, we need to rinse and rub the blackberries through a special sieve to get a homogeneous mass. If 1 kg of fruit is used, then 1 kg of sugar must be added to the mass. Bring the resulting mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Once the mixture has boiled, turn off the heat and add pectin to it to form a jelly-like mass. Hot jam must be poured into jars and sterilized for 5-10 minutes.
Frozen Blackberry Jelly - Recipe
Jelly can be made from both fresh and frozen fruits. For diabetics, this is a very healthy dessert. Blackberries help lower blood sugar. For people suffering from rheumatism, such a dessert will help get rid of debilitating joint pains.
To make jelly, you must first defrost the berry. Pour gelatin with water and let it swell. To prevent the dessert from being too sour, diabetics can add xylitol, sorbitol or fructose instead of sugar. Grind the blackberry with a wooden pestle, squeeze out the juice, add cooled boiled water to it, about ½ cup, 120 gr. sugar, better brown and gelatin. Mix everything well. Pour the mass into jam sockets and put in the cold.
The dessert will be ready in 4-5 hours. Can be served on the table.
Blackberry compote recipe
If there is a need for winter harvesting of berries, you can cook a wonderful compote. For 2 kg of berries, sugar, you need a very small amount - 350 gr. And also 1.5 liters of water. We boil water, add sugar and fruits to it. Bring to a boil. We pour the compote into jars. Sterilize for 15–20 minutes and cover with lids. A wonderful winter compote is ready.
Blackberry pouring with vodka
Take liqueurs for medicinal purposes should be in small portions of 50 grams. before eating. You can also add blackberry liqueur to your tea. It is very easy to prepare it. Pour 1.5 kg of washed and sorted berries into a glass bottle. Add 200 grams of sugar and a bottle of vodka (500 grams) there. For flavor, add 2-3 fresh mint leaves. Close the bottle tightly with a stopper. You need to infuse the mixture for at least a month in a dark place. Then strain and bottle. Store in a refrigerator at 3-4 degrees.
There is also a very good recipe for blackberry tincture.
This tincture is used for rubbing with rheumatic pains... Blackberry leaves, about 50 gr. pour 500 g of vodka. Cork the vessel with the mixture and insist in a dark place for a week. Everything. The tincture is ready for use. Rub it on sore joints or make compresses out of it.